Abendana & Abendana was founded in 1922 and is one of Jamaica’s oldest law firms! The inception of the firm was in the parish of St. Mary but later grew to the parishes of Kingston and St. Ann.
Over the years we have had a succession of partnerships with the knowledge and experience to meet your legal needs. Abendana & Abendana is professional, pragmatic, analytical and creative. The firm consist of trusted advisers to clients, both locally and overseas, who seek legal guidance in a fast moving, multijurisdictional world. The extent of the firm’s expertise gives satisfaction to all its clients’ needs.
The key to our success is in our team work, variety of experiences and size. Our attorneys work assiduously together on any given matter. Our clients benefit from a firm small enough to allow easy access to all of our lawyers including the partners, whilst being large enough to guarantee excellence and an immediate response to all enquiries. When appropriate, we call upon the expertise of other professionals with whom we have an established professional relationship, such as accountants and surveyors.
The firm comprises of three (3) partners:
- Dane A. Marsh is the firm’s Managing and senior partner practicing for over Twenty-Two (22) years. His main areas of specialization are conveyancing, contract matters, civilÂ litigation matters and transactions touching and concerning securities.
- Nathan E. Geddes-Morrison has worked part time for the firm since 2002 and full time since 2006. He was called to the Bar of England and Wales in 2005 and to the Jamaican Bar in 2007. His areas of specialization are personal injury, criminal and civil litigation and conveyancing.
- Yolande E. Magnus Mullings was called to the Jamaican Bar in 2008. Her main areas of specialization are all aspects of land law to include conveyancing and planning law, family law, corporate and contract matters and Supreme Court Civil Litigation.
- Cieanna Smith is an Associate with the firm having been called to the Jamaican Bar in 2014. She has conduct of general Estate Planning and Administration, Trust matters to include obtaining Grants of Probate and Letters of Administration, and advising clients generally on the law of Succession and their rights and obligations. Cieanna also has conduct of Intellectual Property matters and specific areas of commercial law.
- Sonja Anderson-Byfield is an Attorney-at-Law called to the Jamaican Bar in 1999. She is a consultant with the firm and specializes in complex Estate Planning, Succession and Trust Law. She has over fifteen (15) years experience in these fields.
We have a team to include paralegals and process servers who are skilled and highly competent in all aspects of legal work which has served to develop our respective expertise.
We currently sit on the panel of Attorneys-at-Law for Jamaica National Building Society and RBTT Bank for which we process mortgage and securities documents among other areas of legal work.
Our three (3) locations to serve you best:
Our Office centrally located in Ocho Rios at Coconut Grove Shopping Complex, Saint Ann which offers ample parking for your convenience. You may also find us at 2 Market Street, Port Maria, Saint Mary and 32 Lady Musgrave, Kingston 5, Saint Andrew.